Wednesday, 11 November 2015

YANKEE CANDLE CHRISTMAS SCENTS // REVIEW


The Christmas spirit came a bit early to me this year, to be specific, I was feeling the festive vibes way before Halloween. I really love the whole experience, layering up knits & cozy jackets, wearing beanies... I could keep going with the list but  dont worry i`ll save that for another post! The thing is, as soon as the cooler days arrive, I cant help but get excited for the festive season ahead.

One of my favourite things about the Christmas season, is the lovely scents candle makers create for the occacion. All with different cute names and all with the same purpose, to set a very cozy atmosphere. This is why I thought I´d share with you some really nice Christmas scents I chose from my local Yankee Candle store!


Starting with two sweet Christmas candles, Snowflake Cookie has a very sweet but not overwhelming scent. Imagine a batch of fresh baked sugar cookies with a hint of vanilla, a perfect candle to burn in the kitchen or to make any room feel very homey.

Although Berry Trifle is still within the dessert category, this candle has a more fruity fragrance, it has an overpowering smell of cherries & raspberries, almost like smelling a straight-out-of-the-oven berry tart. A more fresh option for those who aren´t big fans of pastry inspired scents. 



 I am pretty much new to the world of wax melts, I have heard they last way longer than candles and that sometimes they can have a stronger fragrance, it all sounded amazing but restrained myself of getting them as I felt like cheating on my love for candles... kinda silly, I know!

This is why I decided it was time to give them a try. Candy Cane Lane & Christmas Eve aren´t new scents to me, I have purchased them before in the form of samplers, the reason behind this is that as wax melts have a longer life, I thought I´d stick to something familiar, if you are new to wax melts I would recommend you to do the same.



As any other Yankee Candle fragrance, Candy Cane Lane really sticks to its name. I remember being a bit unsure about getting it as I thought it would end up being sickening but little did I know it would become my favourite of them all. It has notes of cinnamon at first but after burning for a while, I was able to pick a gentle smell of mint. Perfect to enjoy a rainy afternoon in.

Christmas Eve is a scent that embodies December days in a cold country. It has this overpowering smell of plums and seasonal fruits and a heart warming scent that I cannot explain in any other way than the woody smell of a hot fireplace. Although I have experienced these one as a votive candle, I am keeping the wax tart for those toasty December days! 

How do you stay cozy in winter? Let me know on a comment!




Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me!  
● 

2 comments:

  1. I love Yankee Candles,especially Christmas ones. They are so good <3

    ReplyDelete