Thursday, 9 April 2015

LIPS OF SUMMER



I am trying to be a bit more experimental with my make up, specifically, my lips. Last Winter, I dared to give the first step by embracing the plum lips trend and I was extremely happy to swipe some of my 3CE lacquer to feel like a whole new me!

This season, I am ditching the “lighter lips on warm days, darker lips in winter” rule… if its even a thing! and I am doing a mix and match adopting some of the current trends and using them as part of my everyday make up. Here are some of the lip products I will be wearing throughout Spring Summer 2015.


At first, I was slightly hesitant about wearing any other bold colour than red but I simply could not resist all those bright pinks and orange lips popping out of every magazine right now! These two are my ultimate favourites as both have a lovely formula. Both Rimmel Apocalypse and MUA have a wide range of bright colours and I am looking forward to try out the rest.


The “barely any there” trend is nothing new in my makeup life as most of the lip stuff I own easily enters this category. Somehow, I managed to spice things up this year with this peachy gloss bar by Tony Moly and this MAC lippy that in my opinion, has a more intense hue than the nudes I would usually go for.




I refuse to let go of my wine shades and gladly, the makeup world seems to feel the same way! The two lip shades on the picture above, are beautiful at any time of the year. Their pigmentation suits the grey days of winter and they also help me channel my inner flamenco girl on a warm summer afternoon.

Which lippies are you planning on using this spring/summer? Let me know on a comment!