Thursday, 2 April 2015

BRUNCH AT GRAN ALAMEDA HOTEL



Today I want to tell you about a wonderful historical spot in Aguascalientes, the Gran Alameda Hotel.


Since forever, I have been drawn to the arquitecture of this beautiful building but never really got to visit this place until my recent trip to Mexico. Before I tell you all about my brunching experience at the hotels café, I want to tell you a little bit about its story.


It was originally built as a private residence in 1899 and used as a military camp for Pancho Villa and his men during the Mexican revolution, it was many decades later,1989, that it turned into the luxury hotel know as the Gran Almeda Hotel. The place has kept its french style adding a little touch of modern aesthetic and very delicate Mexican accents.


The lovely interiors seen in these pictures are from one of the hotel´s restaurants, the Magnolias Café which is the perfect place to have an indulging brunch or a special dinner. I apologise for the lack of food pictures but at the moment I was seriously in love with the decoration and details of this spot not to mention hungry.


The food served in this place, traditional mexican, has a beautiful authentic flavour. You can really tell that not only do they care about serving amazing food but also they are committed to deliver a unique experience as the staff, including the chef, were making sure everyone was enjoying their food and they were than happy to suggest dishes to try.

Unfortunately I did not have enough time to explore the rest of the building but I am very much looking forward to going back and wander around its beautiful french inspired corners!