Tuesday, 19 August 2014

THE BODY SHOP SORBET EXPERIENCE






I think I´ve pointed out how much a dislike moisturising my body so many times that I apologise in advance for pointing it out again, but I really hate it. The stickiness, the greasiness and the few minutes of feeling strange while wearing jeans just after I shaved my legs, applied moisturiser and left the house make me want to think twice and make up a silly excuse to avoid it. I´ve tried different ways to get me to like body moisturisers; nice smell, luxurious & nourishing stuff, basics stuff and the last time I got The Body Shop´s body butter I sort of liked the formula but still, it was to much for me.

By now I can proclaim myself a Body Shop fan, love their products and always get excited when a new thing is coming out and whenever I read they were launching a line of body sorbets this summer I was so looking forward to it but also, I had no idea of what a sorbet was… so after doing a bit of research I ended up craving a mango (edible) sorbet and also, I was extremely excited to try this Moringa (I suppose is non-edible lol) body sorbet.

I have been using it for a couple of weeks now and I really do like it. It has a strange but pleasant consistence (I can only describe it as a fruit purée), it has a lovely, subtle flowery smell and my skin absorbed it super quick and it didn't feel greasy or sticky at all. It left a fresh hydrating sensation and I can only imagine how nice it must be to use this sorbet on a super warm summer day or after sunbathing on the beach!

I´ve read/watched a few reviews of it and all seem to point out this is not ideal for winter or/and dry skin, which worries me a little bit because my skin tends to go dry in winter and I really want to use this as much as I can!! I guess I´ll have to give it a try when the temperature drops and hopefully it´ll still work its magic… if not, I will have to keep searching for a moisturiser that suits me.

Have you tried this body sorbet? Would you give it a try? Let me know your opinion on a comment!

You can buy this Moringa Body Sorbet by The Body Shop here.