Monday, 10 March 2014

Smooth Operator


If I tell you how much I am obsessed with this body butter I would be lying... moisturising my skin is waaay in the bottom of my favourite "to do´s" list. In fact, I why would it be on my favourites or on my to do´s list?! That´s how I feel about it but I know my skin doesn´t feel the same.

And it has anything to do with a brand, texture, colour or scent... my brain just seems to forget about it when Im drying myself after a shower. I´ve tried many times through the years to make a habit out of it but sometimes Im in a rush or maybe it is too cold and I hate the feeling of cold moisturiser and I keep saying to myself a bunch of silly excuses! I moisture my face just because it feels horribly stretched without it.

I can go without moisturiser for days and my skin is perfectly fine during Spring and Summer but when the cold months arrive, the problems arrive too!! My poor skin looks dry, dull and thirsty it just seems to be asking for care on a really sad way and thats when the guilt comes to my mind... this cycle was so repetitive for so many years until I tried The Body Shop body butter. I know it sounds like one of those super quirky infomercials but that´s the story of how me and my skin found the light!

All their body butter smell super nice so natural and delicious that you wish you could ate it ( I just pictured myself eating the tub of butter like a kinder garden child) it has a rich texture but smooth enough and it doesn´t feel sticky when you put on your clothes, have you ever felt that way? I used to dance randomly so my skin will soak all the moisturiser... random, but apart from all those reasons that make body butter more bearable, this one hydrates your skin in such a way that no matter how long it takes for you to moisture again, your skin will be happy (let´s be reasonable, don´t go through life without moisturising at leas once a week...).

Oh! and it last ages too... although with all their colours and flavours scents, finishing the tub has turned into a challenge for me. My goal is to try every single one of them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment